Let’s get this out of the way right now: You need to see this movie.
“The Martian” is based on a book by the same name about a mission to Mars that goes awry and a man, Mark Watney, is left behind. It’s not a spoiler to tell you that NASA eventually figures out Watney is alive and they dispatch a rescue mission, but he’s left to survive on an alien planet in the meantime.
Like I said earlier, this is a movie you shouldn’t miss. Matt Damon is excellent as Watney and he’s surprisingly funny at times. “The Martian” in itself is big and beautiful to watch. It has all the right touches to make it believable — think “Apollo 13” meets “Gravity.”
- Former worker criticizes conditions at Arizona facility for immigrant youth
- John Travolta, Kelly Preston discuss film ‘Gotti’ with Bruce St. James
- ‘Pacific Rim Uprising’ is a brainless CGI actionfest that has a good time
- Special Bruce St. James, Pamela Hughes show to focus on gun violence
- Movie review: Nothing small about ‘Downsizing’s’ social commentary