While much ado has been made over the whereabouts of Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer, a new report said she is in Afghanistan visiting troops.
The report from bloomberg.com said the information on the governor’s travel plans came from a source “familiar with the governor’s schedule.”
More than 9,000 Arizona Army and Air National Guard members have been ordered to active duty since the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks against New York City and the Pentagon outside of Washington, according to the Arizona guard Web-site. The person with knowledge of the governor’s schedule wasn’t authorized to speak publicly.
Brewer skipped Arizona’s official election canvass on Tuesday. Her spokesman, Matthew Benson, said he could not disclose the governor’s location, but a later report said that her staff was not informed of her travel plans. That drew criticism from the media.
Brewer visited an Arizona soldier at a Maryland veteran’s hospital on Tuesday.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy