While much ado has been made over the whereabouts of Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer, a new report said she is in Afghanistan visiting troops.
The report from bloomberg.com said the information on the governor’s travel plans came from a source “familiar with the governor’s schedule.”
More than 9,000 Arizona Army and Air National Guard members have been ordered to active duty since the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks against New York City and the Pentagon outside of Washington, according to the Arizona guard Web-site. The person with knowledge of the governor’s schedule wasn’t authorized to speak publicly.
Brewer skipped Arizona’s official election canvass on Tuesday. Her spokesman, Matthew Benson, said he could not disclose the governor’s location, but a later report said that her staff was not informed of her travel plans. That drew criticism from the media.
Brewer visited an Arizona soldier at a Maryland veteran’s hospital on Tuesday.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development