Three people were injured Wednesday morning when a driver lost control of her car and crashed into a bus stop near 35th and Dunlap avenues.
Phoenix Fire Department paramedics treated at least one person for serious injuries.
The driver suffered minor injuries. Phoenix Police said the woman behind the wheel was lucid when they spoke with her.
Witness John Pulvino narrowly escaped getting caught in the accident. He said it sounded like an explosion when the car hit the bus shelter.
“I see the bus shelter up in the air, probably about 7 to 10 feet, and there was a man on top of it that was walking behind me with his wife.
“I see her bouncing off the front of the bus shelter at the same exact time that the shelter is coming down.
That car was like, accordioned up against that bus shelter. … It was terrible.”
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered