Three people were injured Wednesday morning when a driver lost control of her car and crashed into a bus stop near 35th and Dunlap avenues.
Phoenix Fire Department paramedics treated at least one person for serious injuries.
The driver suffered minor injuries. Phoenix Police said the woman behind the wheel was lucid when they spoke with her.
Witness John Pulvino narrowly escaped getting caught in the accident. He said it sounded like an explosion when the car hit the bus shelter.
“I see the bus shelter up in the air, probably about 7 to 10 feet, and there was a man on top of it that was walking behind me with his wife.
“I see her bouncing off the front of the bus shelter at the same exact time that the shelter is coming down.
That car was like, accordioned up against that bus shelter. … It was terrible.”
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them