For the next two weeks at World of Beer, it’s bottoms up for toys.
The Mill Avenue bar is holding a toy drive for the Sunshine Acres Children’s Home in Mesa.
“You just bring in a new toy and we’ll buy you a local draft beer,” said JP Watts, the bar’s general manager. “We have about 20 to choose from on draft.”
The new unwrapped toys should be bought for kids between 5- and 18-years-old.
“We try to do something around the holidays to make sure some less fortunate kids get Christmas,” Watts said.
On Dec. 10, World of Beer will be partnering with Four Peaks Brewery to tap a new keg of Pumpkin Porter.
“We’re not even going to sell it. The only way you can get it is if you bring a toy in,” Watts said.
The toy drive runs until Dec. 16.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon