For the next two weeks at World of Beer, it’s bottoms up for toys.
The Mill Avenue bar is holding a toy drive for the Sunshine Acres Children’s Home in Mesa.
“You just bring in a new toy and we’ll buy you a local draft beer,” said JP Watts, the bar’s general manager. “We have about 20 to choose from on draft.”
The new unwrapped toys should be bought for kids between 5- and 18-years-old.
“We try to do something around the holidays to make sure some less fortunate kids get Christmas,” Watts said.
On Dec. 10, World of Beer will be partnering with Four Peaks Brewery to tap a new keg of Pumpkin Porter.
“We’re not even going to sell it. The only way you can get it is if you bring a toy in,” Watts said.
The toy drive runs until Dec. 16.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night