For the next two weeks at World of Beer, it’s bottoms up for toys.
The Mill Avenue bar is holding a toy drive for the Sunshine Acres Children’s Home in Mesa.
“You just bring in a new toy and we’ll buy you a local draft beer,” said JP Watts, the bar’s general manager. “We have about 20 to choose from on draft.”
The new unwrapped toys should be bought for kids between 5- and 18-years-old.
“We try to do something around the holidays to make sure some less fortunate kids get Christmas,” Watts said.
On Dec. 10, World of Beer will be partnering with Four Peaks Brewery to tap a new keg of Pumpkin Porter.
“We’re not even going to sell it. The only way you can get it is if you bring a toy in,” Watts said.
The toy drive runs until Dec. 16.
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees