PHOENIX — According to a new proposal, more than 70,000 motorcycle owners in the Valley could each save $19 a year by skipping annual emissions tests.
Trevor Baggiore, deputy director of air quality with Arizona Department of Environmental Quality, said motorcycles make up 3.5 percent of vehicles on Valley roads and account for less than one percent of total emissions.
“Most people especially here in Arizona in the summer don’t drive their motorcycles,” Baggiore said. “Also, just the emissions characteristics of a motorcycle are different from cars and they get better gas mileage.”
He said dropping mandatory tests will not impact air quality.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency supports the change and the requirement could disappear in early spring.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick