SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — Gold-to-cash stores may not be customers’ only option if they’re looking to get rid of old jewelry in time for the holidays.
Instead of going to a pawn shop to sell unwanted jewelry, customers should try a jewelry store first.
At E.D. Marshall Jewelers in Scottsdale, David Nelson said one client came in to sell a pendant after stopping in two other stores.
“One was a pawn shop and one was a Cash for Gold. And the highest offer he got was $288,” Nelson said.
Nelson said a trained jeweler can spot unique pieces.
“It was an old Cartier piece. So, it was a neat piece that I could trace the origins. Limited production and there’s collectibility in that.”
Nelson paid the man $1,500 for the pendant. According to Nelson, most gold shops pay about 70 percent of the gold’s value.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development