PHOENIX – A new report from Arizona State’s W.P. Carey School of Business revealed that Phoenix-area home prices are on the rise again.
The numbers based off Maricopa and Pinal counties showed the median single-family home rose to $157,000 in October after staying between $149,000 and $150,000 for four months.
The report also noted the short supply of homes for sale has gone up 31 percent over the last three months. According to a release, sales will likely level off for the winter.
New-home sales are also up 85 percent compared to the same time last year.
The increased activity is due to more homes becoming available on the market. The overall supply of homes and condos available rose in the Phoenix-area market over the past three months.
Author of the report, Mike Orr suspects the supply peaked in November and will start declining again in the winter months.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon