PHOENIX – A new report from Arizona State’s W.P. Carey School of Business revealed that Phoenix-area home prices are on the rise again.
The numbers based off Maricopa and Pinal counties showed the median single-family home rose to $157,000 in October after staying between $149,000 and $150,000 for four months.
The report also noted the short supply of homes for sale has gone up 31 percent over the last three months. According to a release, sales will likely level off for the winter.
New-home sales are also up 85 percent compared to the same time last year.
The increased activity is due to more homes becoming available on the market. The overall supply of homes and condos available rose in the Phoenix-area market over the past three months.
Author of the report, Mike Orr suspects the supply peaked in November and will start declining again in the winter months.
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains