PHOENIX – A new report from Arizona State’s W.P. Carey School of Business revealed that Phoenix-area home prices are on the rise again.
The numbers based off Maricopa and Pinal counties showed the median single-family home rose to $157,000 in October after staying between $149,000 and $150,000 for four months.
The report also noted the short supply of homes for sale has gone up 31 percent over the last three months. According to a release, sales will likely level off for the winter.
New-home sales are also up 85 percent compared to the same time last year.
The increased activity is due to more homes becoming available on the market. The overall supply of homes and condos available rose in the Phoenix-area market over the past three months.
Author of the report, Mike Orr suspects the supply peaked in November and will start declining again in the winter months.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments