Mild temperatures will be sticking around at least for several more days, according to the National Weather Service.
“The flow aloft that steers the air is coming from the west. There’s really not much a component from the north at all,” said meteorologist Doug Green. “We’re seeing air mass from the Pacific, it’s fairly mild moving across much of the country as we speak.”
The boundary between the colder air and warmer air is to our north, across northern California and southern Oregon and that area is the region being hit with wet, winter-like storms.
Green said it’s hard to pinpoint the exact cause of the current weather trends. Higher than average temperatures are not unheard of this time of year.
“We’re in a mild, zonal kind of pattern that can change to a more north-south or south-to-north flow, but that’s not in the works here in the next week,” he said.
Valley residents should expect the current temperatures, which are running ten to fifteen degrees above normal, to stick around in to the following weekend.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food