Mild temperatures will be sticking around at least for several more days, according to the National Weather Service.
“The flow aloft that steers the air is coming from the west. There’s really not much a component from the north at all,” said meteorologist Doug Green. “We’re seeing air mass from the Pacific, it’s fairly mild moving across much of the country as we speak.”
The boundary between the colder air and warmer air is to our north, across northern California and southern Oregon and that area is the region being hit with wet, winter-like storms.
Green said it’s hard to pinpoint the exact cause of the current weather trends. Higher than average temperatures are not unheard of this time of year.
“We’re in a mild, zonal kind of pattern that can change to a more north-south or south-to-north flow, but that’s not in the works here in the next week,” he said.
Valley residents should expect the current temperatures, which are running ten to fifteen degrees above normal, to stick around in to the following weekend.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas