Mild temperatures will be sticking around at least for several more days, according to the National Weather Service.
“The flow aloft that steers the air is coming from the west. There’s really not much a component from the north at all,” said meteorologist Doug Green. “We’re seeing air mass from the Pacific, it’s fairly mild moving across much of the country as we speak.”
The boundary between the colder air and warmer air is to our north, across northern California and southern Oregon and that area is the region being hit with wet, winter-like storms.
Green said it’s hard to pinpoint the exact cause of the current weather trends. Higher than average temperatures are not unheard of this time of year.
“We’re in a mild, zonal kind of pattern that can change to a more north-south or south-to-north flow, but that’s not in the works here in the next week,” he said.
Valley residents should expect the current temperatures, which are running ten to fifteen degrees above normal, to stick around in to the following weekend.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night