When people donate money to charity, they often assume it will go to the right place.
But who ensures that the money arrives there? Paperwork needs to be exchanged, conversations must be had and, most importantly, funds need to reach their proper destination. That’s where the Arizona Community Foundation comes in.
“Think about us as Arizona’s chest,” President and CEO of the Arizona Community Foundation Steve Selezmow told News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Karie & Chuck. “What we are is a vehicle for people to engage in giving and philanthropy and make it very easy for Arizonans to create charitable funds.”
Selezmow said his organization specifically focuses on education, health care, community, arts and culture and the environment. Donors choose from one of the five categories, but there is no limit to their specificity.
“[A] donor cared about non-smoking female ornithologist,” he said. “That’s a very narrow area of giving, right?”
The foundation has been able to find a recipient for that specific donation every year.
Selezmow’s foundation does not run on donations, but works with families and companies to manage $500 million in philanthropic assets through a network of volunteers. There are branches of the foundation in most Arizona cities.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas