PHOENIX — A Valley tradition is back for families to enjoy: 2he 26th annual APS Fiesta of Light Electric Parade is scheduled for Dec. 1 in Phoenix.
This year’s theme is toys, treasures and traditions.
“We have a full house, booked solid,” said David Urbinato with the city of Phoenix. “It’s going be about a little over an hour and five minutes. Goofy is going to be our honorary Grand Marshal and Santa, of course, will be there as well.”
There are 65 entries covered in hundreds of thousands of flights, “aimed at inspiring families from all over the state to get into the holiday spirit.”
According to the city, the event starts at Central Avenue at Montebello (just south of Bethany Home Road). The parade will head south toward Camelback Road, then turn east to 7th Street where it turns south again and ends at Indian School Road.
The yearly event is produced by the City of Phoenix Parks and Recreation Department.
For more information on the parade, including the parade route map, visitphoenix.gov/parks or call 602-534-FEST.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them