PHOENIX — A Valley tradition is back for families to enjoy: 2he 26th annual APS Fiesta of Light Electric Parade is scheduled for Dec. 1 in Phoenix.
This year’s theme is toys, treasures and traditions.
“We have a full house, booked solid,” said David Urbinato with the city of Phoenix. “It’s going be about a little over an hour and five minutes. Goofy is going to be our honorary Grand Marshal and Santa, of course, will be there as well.”
There are 65 entries covered in hundreds of thousands of flights, “aimed at inspiring families from all over the state to get into the holiday spirit.”
According to the city, the event starts at Central Avenue at Montebello (just south of Bethany Home Road). The parade will head south toward Camelback Road, then turn east to 7th Street where it turns south again and ends at Indian School Road.
The yearly event is produced by the City of Phoenix Parks and Recreation Department.
For more information on the parade, including the parade route map, visitphoenix.gov/parks or call 602-534-FEST.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.