PHOENIX — The winner of the Powerball ticket sold in Arizona may be on the other side of the country.
Thursday a man in Maryland walked into a gas station to check his tickets, showed the clerks and then he started celebrating.
As for Arizonans who bought a ticket, sometimes it’s better to dream, particularly when reality means you’re not an instant multimillionaire.
Bob Kangas realized Wednesday night that one of two winning Powerball jackpot tickets — a record $587.5 million- had been bought in Arizona, but he didn’t check his numbers.
“I didn’t want to look because I just wanted to dream about being rich,” Kangas said Thursday while checking his tickets at a 4 Sons Food Store in Fountain Hills, the suburban Phoenix shop where he bought his tickets — and where the winning ticket was sold.
Lottery officials in Missouri verified its state’s ticket
is Mark S. Hills, 52, a mechanic from northwest Missouri.
A Missouri Lottery news release said Hill bought the winning ticket for himself and his wife, Cindy, at a Trex Mart gas station in Dearborn.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon