The Phoenix Suns are going out on a limb, offering fans a refund if they don’t enjoy next Thursday’s home game against the Dallas Mavericks.
“The league office has told us that this is the first time any team in the NBA has done a satisfaction guaranteed night,” said Suns president Jason Rowley.
ESPN Sports business analyst Darren Rovell told radio hosts Mike & Mike on Friday morning on Arizona Sports 620, “If you don’t go home happy, they will give you your money back. No questions asked. You go to the game, you pay for the ticket, you’re not happy, you get your money back.”
The Suns are 7-9 in fourth place in the Pacific Division and are coming off the third-worst loss in franchise history, 117-77, to the Detroit Pistons.
Their average ticket price is $70.
Rowley added the enjoyment factors include how fans like the concessions to how they’re treated by the parking attendant.
“They’re not doing anything crazy — they’re saying we don’t have a whole bunch of stars, we don’t have a whole bunch of names, but we think we have good entertainment,” Rovell said. “[The Suns] think we provide you with a great night. So if you’re not happy with it, you will get your money back.”
Tipoff for Satisfaction Guaranteed Night is 8:30 p.m. TNT is carrying the game.
KTAR’s Jim Cross contributed to this article.
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona