The Phoenix Suns are going out on a limb, offering fans a refund if they don’t enjoy next Thursday’s home game against the Dallas Mavericks.
“The league office has told us that this is the first time any team in the NBA has done a satisfaction guaranteed night,” said Suns president Jason Rowley.
ESPN Sports business analyst Darren Rovell told radio hosts Mike & Mike on Friday morning on Arizona Sports 620, “If you don’t go home happy, they will give you your money back. No questions asked. You go to the game, you pay for the ticket, you’re not happy, you get your money back.”
The Suns are 7-9 in fourth place in the Pacific Division and are coming off the third-worst loss in franchise history, 117-77, to the Detroit Pistons.
Their average ticket price is $70.
Rowley added the enjoyment factors include how fans like the concessions to how they’re treated by the parking attendant.
“They’re not doing anything crazy — they’re saying we don’t have a whole bunch of stars, we don’t have a whole bunch of names, but we think we have good entertainment,” Rovell said. “[The Suns] think we provide you with a great night. So if you’re not happy with it, you will get your money back.”
Tipoff for Satisfaction Guaranteed Night is 8:30 p.m. TNT is carrying the game.
KTAR’s Jim Cross contributed to this article.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development