The Phoenix Suns are going out on a limb, offering fans a refund if they don’t enjoy next Thursday’s home game against the Dallas Mavericks.
“The league office has told us that this is the first time any team in the NBA has done a satisfaction guaranteed night,” said Suns president Jason Rowley.
ESPN Sports business analyst Darren Rovell told radio hosts Mike & Mike on Friday morning on Arizona Sports 620, “If you don’t go home happy, they will give you your money back. No questions asked. You go to the game, you pay for the ticket, you’re not happy, you get your money back.”
The Suns are 7-9 in fourth place in the Pacific Division and are coming off the third-worst loss in franchise history, 117-77, to the Detroit Pistons.
Their average ticket price is $70.
Rowley added the enjoyment factors include how fans like the concessions to how they’re treated by the parking attendant.
“They’re not doing anything crazy — they’re saying we don’t have a whole bunch of stars, we don’t have a whole bunch of names, but we think we have good entertainment,” Rovell said. “[The Suns] think we provide you with a great night. So if you’re not happy with it, you will get your money back.”
Tipoff for Satisfaction Guaranteed Night is 8:30 p.m. TNT is carrying the game.
KTAR’s Jim Cross contributed to this article.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments