PHOENIX (AP) – Arizona Lottery officials say one of the two winning Powerball tickets was sold at a convenience store in suburban Phoenix.
The Arizona ticket was sold at a 4 Sons Food Store in Fountain Hills.
That ticket and another sold in Missouri will split the record Powerball jackpot of $587.5 million. That’s about $294 million per ticket.
Lottery officials say no one has come forward to claim the prizes, and it wasn’t clear Thursday whether the winning tickets were purchased by individuals or groups.
The jackpot is the largest in Powerball history.
The winners could split a cash payout of $384.7 million before taxes, or about $192 million per ticket.
They have six months to claim their prize money.
The Missouri ticket was sold at convenience store about 35 miles north of Kansas City.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick