Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton and city council members are holding a town hall meeting on the future of west Phoenix.
“We’re going to be talking about the extension of the light rail, we’re going to talk about the Maryvale Core Plan, we’re going to talk about partnerships with Mexico to attract businesses here,” said Councilman Michael Nowakowski.
According to information from the city, they’ll will also discuss the redistricting changes in Maryvale and show residents a map with the new boundary lines, ideas for taking back our neighborhoods and recent crime statistics from the area.
The speakers are followed by an hour of question-and-answer time. The bilingual town hall meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. on Nov. 29, at the Maryvale Community Center located at 4402 N. 51st Ave.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon