It’s the season where some office workers have a little too much fun at holiday parties, something one Valley party planner said happens a bit too often.
Some typically tame co-workers can turn into hell on wheels and lose their inhibitions with too many drinks, usually fueling some crazy behavior.
“They get a little wild,” said Susan Cope, a party planner for Fabulous Food in Phoenix. “People getting a little too drunk usually happens or a lot too drunk.”
Cope has seen some crazy incidents at work-related holiday parties.
“Things get out of control,” she said. “We’ve definitely seen some walk-in situations of things we shouldn’t have seen.”
In one case, Cope said somebody brought a pack of dogs to the party. They escaped and her staff chased them down.
If you’re going to drink at the company party, Cope said to stick to your limit. Too much booze has wrecked many office relationships and cost jobs.
Cope said those planning to drink should average one drink per hour.
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees