It’s the season where some office workers have a little too much fun at holiday parties, something one Valley party planner said happens a bit too often.
Some typically tame co-workers can turn into hell on wheels and lose their inhibitions with too many drinks, usually fueling some crazy behavior.
“They get a little wild,” said Susan Cope, a party planner for Fabulous Food in Phoenix. “People getting a little too drunk usually happens or a lot too drunk.”
Cope has seen some crazy incidents at work-related holiday parties.
“Things get out of control,” she said. “We’ve definitely seen some walk-in situations of things we shouldn’t have seen.”
In one case, Cope said somebody brought a pack of dogs to the party. They escaped and her staff chased them down.
If you’re going to drink at the company party, Cope said to stick to your limit. Too much booze has wrecked many office relationships and cost jobs.
Cope said those planning to drink should average one drink per hour.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains