PHOENIX — For those planning to give gift cards this holiday season, there’s a way to help a Phoenix school at the same time.
The Parent-Teacher Organization at Phoenix Lookout Mountain Elementary School is hoping its gift cards will help stuff lots of stockings.
PTO president Sue Diaz said the school wants to sell about $2,000 worth of cards being offered for use at local businesses.
“One would be Moon Valley Grill,” said Diaz. “Others would be for Foot Locker, CVS and a restaurant called Scramble.”
The list includes Walmart, Sears, Radio Shack, Buca Di Beppo, Albertsons, Papa John’s, Ross, TGI Friday’s and Chevron, among others.
Diaz said they’re available in a variety of amounts.
“Some we have for $10, such as BathWorks,” she said. “There are usually $10, $25, and $50 cards that we have for sale.”
Diaz said proceeds from the sales will go to “enhancing the educational experience for Lookout Mountain students.”
For more information email the PTO at
Many schools sell gift cards as a fundraising tool. Check with the school’s PTO.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.