PHOENIX — For those planning to give gift cards this holiday season, there’s a way to help a Phoenix school at the same time.
The Parent-Teacher Organization at Phoenix Lookout Mountain Elementary School is hoping its gift cards will help stuff lots of stockings.
PTO president Sue Diaz said the school wants to sell about $2,000 worth of cards being offered for use at local businesses.
“One would be Moon Valley Grill,” said Diaz. “Others would be for Foot Locker, CVS and a restaurant called Scramble.”
The list includes Walmart, Sears, Radio Shack, Buca Di Beppo, Albertsons, Papa John’s, Ross, TGI Friday’s and Chevron, among others.
Diaz said they’re available in a variety of amounts.
“Some we have for $10, such as BathWorks,” she said. “There are usually $10, $25, and $50 cards that we have for sale.”
Diaz said proceeds from the sales will go to “enhancing the educational experience for Lookout Mountain students.”
For more information email the PTO at
Many schools sell gift cards as a fundraising tool. Check with the school’s PTO.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life