Business has been very good for Lynda Ducas, co-owner of Arizona Last Stop the past few days.
Her service station and bar, about 30 miles southeast of Boulder City on US 93, has been packed with Powerball jackpot hopefuls.
It’s a pit stop for thousands of Arizonans who are heading to Sin City but it’s also a close place for Nevada residents to get a shot at winning the multimillion dollar Powerball jackpot.
Ducas said that, since Thursday, people have been lining up at 6 a.m. and the line has grown to at least 500 people.
“Right now, the line goes through the gift shop and out the door and then some,” she said.
Ducas said the people in line have waited up to 90 minutes for their $2 dollar chance at wealth. Everyone has been quiet, patient and friendly.
“I watch them, they’re bonding in line,” she said.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development