Business has been very good for Lynda Ducas, co-owner of Arizona Last Stop the past few days.
Her service station and bar, about 30 miles southeast of Boulder City on US 93, has been packed with Powerball jackpot hopefuls.
It’s a pit stop for thousands of Arizonans who are heading to Sin City but it’s also a close place for Nevada residents to get a shot at winning the multimillion dollar Powerball jackpot.
Ducas said that, since Thursday, people have been lining up at 6 a.m. and the line has grown to at least 500 people.
“Right now, the line goes through the gift shop and out the door and then some,” she said.
Ducas said the people in line have waited up to 90 minutes for their $2 dollar chance at wealth. Everyone has been quiet, patient and friendly.
“I watch them, they’re bonding in line,” she said.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas