Business has been very good for Lynda Ducas, co-owner of Arizona Last Stop the past few days.
Her service station and bar, about 30 miles southeast of Boulder City on US 93, has been packed with Powerball jackpot hopefuls.
It’s a pit stop for thousands of Arizonans who are heading to Sin City but it’s also a close place for Nevada residents to get a shot at winning the multimillion dollar Powerball jackpot.
Ducas said that, since Thursday, people have been lining up at 6 a.m. and the line has grown to at least 500 people.
“Right now, the line goes through the gift shop and out the door and then some,” she said.
Ducas said the people in line have waited up to 90 minutes for their $2 dollar chance at wealth. Everyone has been quiet, patient and friendly.
“I watch them, they’re bonding in line,” she said.
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees