A small sign posted inside Hob Nobs Café is generating plenty of smiles.
It reads, “Please let us know if you are a veteran. We have a special surprise for you!”
It all began two years ago with a regular customer who wants to remain anonymous.
“This gentleman comes in about every other day or so here,” said owner Bob Hodge. “Two veterans were in front of him and he said, ‘I’d like to get them their meals.’ And he did.”
Since then the anonymous customer has donated about $200 every month, with the café matching. Hodge estimated they’ve served about $8,000 worth of meals to veterans.
“It’s been really interesting,” he said. “We’ve had some veterans come in and tear up and been so surprised and so pleased by it. A couple of gentlemen came in and they were World War II veterans and they said no one had ever done anything like this for them and they were very, very pleased.”
Hodge and his generous customer has no plans to stop providing free meals to veterans.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development