PHOENIX — Shipping holiday packages can be hassle free with some planning.
We all know by now that it usually costs less to ship early, but UPS spokeswoman Peggy Gardner said cost depends on the package and when it’s supposed to arrive.
“The price for shipping is really based on a variety of factors: how big is the package, how much does it weigh and how far does it have to travel?”
Imagine shipping holiday packages without waiting in line. Gardner said it’s easy to do all the heavy lifting online.
“You can also print out your own label, put it on the box and then not even wait in line at all if you’ve already paid online,” she said.
“Just drop them off at any UPS store in your neighborhood or give them to a driver if you see one in your neighborhood.”
Gardner also said shippers can send Christmas packages by ground for the next few weeks, but starting Dec. 21 send them by air to make sure they arrive in time.
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees