PHOENIX — A majority of companies plan on letting their workers shop at their desks on Cyber Monday, if only for a short time.
A recent survey by staffing company Robert Half Technology found that just 33 percent of bosses block access to online shopping sites. That’s down 60 percent from last year.
“It’s actually quite a bit less time intensive than going out to a shopping mall, finding a parking spot over lunch, getting delayed, taking two hours and then getting back into the office,” said Ted Hellmuth, branch manager with Robert Half Technology.
“We’ve actually seen it in a strange sense increase productivity.”
Before workers head to shopping sites while on the clock, Hellmuth suggested knowing the company rules first.
“If your employer allows shopping at work, know what sites or hours to avoid. Make sure you just know what their policy is,” Hellmuth said.
Hellmuth also suggested limiting Cyber Monday surfing while at work. He said to do browsing out of the office and to get purchases done quickly.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development