PHOENIX — A majority of companies plan on letting their workers shop at their desks on Cyber Monday, if only for a short time.
A recent survey by staffing company Robert Half Technology found that just 33 percent of bosses block access to online shopping sites. That’s down 60 percent from last year.
“It’s actually quite a bit less time intensive than going out to a shopping mall, finding a parking spot over lunch, getting delayed, taking two hours and then getting back into the office,” said Ted Hellmuth, branch manager with Robert Half Technology.
“We’ve actually seen it in a strange sense increase productivity.”
Before workers head to shopping sites while on the clock, Hellmuth suggested knowing the company rules first.
“If your employer allows shopping at work, know what sites or hours to avoid. Make sure you just know what their policy is,” Hellmuth said.
Hellmuth also suggested limiting Cyber Monday surfing while at work. He said to do browsing out of the office and to get purchases done quickly.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food