PHOENIX — A majority of companies plan on letting their workers shop at their desks on Cyber Monday, if only for a short time.
A recent survey by staffing company Robert Half Technology found that just 33 percent of bosses block access to online shopping sites. That’s down 60 percent from last year.
“It’s actually quite a bit less time intensive than going out to a shopping mall, finding a parking spot over lunch, getting delayed, taking two hours and then getting back into the office,” said Ted Hellmuth, branch manager with Robert Half Technology.
“We’ve actually seen it in a strange sense increase productivity.”
Before workers head to shopping sites while on the clock, Hellmuth suggested knowing the company rules first.
“If your employer allows shopping at work, know what sites or hours to avoid. Make sure you just know what their policy is,” Hellmuth said.
Hellmuth also suggested limiting Cyber Monday surfing while at work. He said to do browsing out of the office and to get purchases done quickly.
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck