PHOENIX — Despite a recent recession and a sub-par housing market, the metropolitan area of Phoenix continues to welcome growth.
According to Mike Sannucks of the Phoenix Business Journal, based on the latest Census numbers the city now ranks as the 13th largest metropolitan area in the country.
In April 2010, Phoenix had more than 4.19 million people living in its metropolitan area. Over two years later, that number has grown to 4.37 million people.
New York (19.1 million) and Los Angeles (13 million) take the cake unsurprisingly as the two largest cities in the country. As it stands now, Phoenix’s population is comparable to that of Riverside (4.42 million) and Detroit (4.26 million).
Tucson (1 million) also made the country’s top 100 populated cities list, coming in at No. 52.
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever