PHOENIX — Despite a recent recession and a sub-par housing market, the metropolitan area of Phoenix continues to welcome growth.
According to Mike Sannucks of the Phoenix Business Journal, based on the latest Census numbers the city now ranks as the 13th largest metropolitan area in the country.
In April 2010, Phoenix had more than 4.19 million people living in its metropolitan area. Over two years later, that number has grown to 4.37 million people.
New York (19.1 million) and Los Angeles (13 million) take the cake unsurprisingly as the two largest cities in the country. As it stands now, Phoenix’s population is comparable to that of Riverside (4.42 million) and Detroit (4.26 million).
Tucson (1 million) also made the country’s top 100 populated cities list, coming in at No. 52.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development