PHOENIX — Despite a recent recession and a sub-par housing market, the metropolitan area of Phoenix continues to welcome growth.
According to Mike Sannucks of the Phoenix Business Journal, based on the latest Census numbers the city now ranks as the 13th largest metropolitan area in the country.
In April 2010, Phoenix had more than 4.19 million people living in its metropolitan area. Over two years later, that number has grown to 4.37 million people.
New York (19.1 million) and Los Angeles (13 million) take the cake unsurprisingly as the two largest cities in the country. As it stands now, Phoenix’s population is comparable to that of Riverside (4.42 million) and Detroit (4.26 million).
Tucson (1 million) also made the country’s top 100 populated cities list, coming in at No. 52.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy