PHOENIX — Authorities say a man has been arrested in Phoenix in connection with a kidnapping and assault of a woman at an Ahwatukee apartment.
Phoenix police said Thursday that 28-year-old David Love is being held on suspicion of kidnapping, burglary and aggravated assault.
They say sexual assault charges are pending the outcome of a laboratory analysis.
Police officers responded to reports of a break-in at the apartment complex on Nov. 16.
They reported finding a 28-year-old woman on her bed unconscious with her hands bound with a string behind her back and a string tied around her neck.
The officers freed the victim and she was transported for medical treatment.
Police say Love was arrested after he was identified as being in the apartment at the time of the assault.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past