Looking for something to do this weekend in the Valley? The list below offers a few options.
It’s a unique comination of the banjo and a piano when Bela Fleck takes the stage with the Marcus Roberts Trio. They’re at the Scottsdale Center for Performing Arts Friday night. Tickets start at $40.
The 70’s actress and Jenny Craig spokesperson is holding a book signing Friday night at Changing Hands Bookstore in Tempe. The former wife of rock star Eddie Van Halen will sign her new Italian-American cookbook for $30, which includes the book and admittance for two.
Downtown Glendale turns into a mini- winter wonderland this weekend. One and a half million Christmas lights will be lit Friday night and will stay that way for six weeks. Each weekend features a different theme with arts, crafts, live music and appearances by Santa Claus. Admission is free.
Popular Mexican comedian Pablo Francisco is at StandUp Live all weekend long. Tickets are $28.
This weekend marks the grand opening of Ice Rink and the Tree Lighting Ceremony at CityScape. Tickets cost $12, which includes skate rental. The rink will be open from 3 p.m. to 11 p.m. The tree lighting is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. Saturday night.
Legendary Canadian rock band Rush is at US Airways Center Sunday night. Tickets range from $46 to $92.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments