Looking for something to do this weekend in the Valley? The list below offers a few options.
It’s a unique comination of the banjo and a piano when Bela Fleck takes the stage with the Marcus Roberts Trio. They’re at the Scottsdale Center for Performing Arts Friday night. Tickets start at $40.
The 70’s actress and Jenny Craig spokesperson is holding a book signing Friday night at Changing Hands Bookstore in Tempe. The former wife of rock star Eddie Van Halen will sign her new Italian-American cookbook for $30, which includes the book and admittance for two.
Downtown Glendale turns into a mini- winter wonderland this weekend. One and a half million Christmas lights will be lit Friday night and will stay that way for six weeks. Each weekend features a different theme with arts, crafts, live music and appearances by Santa Claus. Admission is free.
Popular Mexican comedian Pablo Francisco is at StandUp Live all weekend long. Tickets are $28.
This weekend marks the grand opening of Ice Rink and the Tree Lighting Ceremony at CityScape. Tickets cost $12, which includes skate rental. The rink will be open from 3 p.m. to 11 p.m. The tree lighting is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. Saturday night.
Legendary Canadian rock band Rush is at US Airways Center Sunday night. Tickets range from $46 to $92.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night