PHOENIX — Five Mexican residents remain hospitalized after the charter bus they were on was struck by a pickup truck going the wrong way on a rural Arizona interstate.
The pickup’s driver was killed and nine passengers aboard the charter bus owned by TBC Connexion were injured in Tuesday’s accident on Interstate 10 in Casa Grande, about 50 miles south of Phoenix.
Officials with the Mexican Consulate in Phoenix didn’t immediately identify the five people still hospitalized or provide updates on their condition and injuries Wednesday.
The bus was headed from Mexico to Phoenix with 15 passengers and a driver, who escaped injury.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety identified the truck driver as 78-year-old Francis Wilkens Gibson Jr., of Casa Grande.
DPS says the cause of the crash remains under investigation.
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered