PHOENIX — Five Mexican residents remain hospitalized after the charter bus they were on was struck by a pickup truck going the wrong way on a rural Arizona interstate.
The pickup’s driver was killed and nine passengers aboard the charter bus owned by TBC Connexion were injured in Tuesday’s accident on Interstate 10 in Casa Grande, about 50 miles south of Phoenix.
Officials with the Mexican Consulate in Phoenix didn’t immediately identify the five people still hospitalized or provide updates on their condition and injuries Wednesday.
The bus was headed from Mexico to Phoenix with 15 passengers and a driver, who escaped injury.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety identified the truck driver as 78-year-old Francis Wilkens Gibson Jr., of Casa Grande.
DPS says the cause of the crash remains under investigation.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon