PHOENIX — Eastbound lanes of Interstate 10 west of Phoenix have reopened after closures because of overnight accidents.
The accident, about 30 miles west of Phoenix near State Route 85, involved two cars and two semi-trucks late Tuesday night.
The left shoulder of the road is closed in both directions and speed limit in the area is 55 mph.
A couple’s argument set off the chain reaction. A family with five children were collateral damage. Their SUV was clipped by the car with the arguing couple and rolled over.
The family was taken to a hospital, where two of the children underwent surgery. All are expected to survive.
Arizona Department of Public Safety’s Sgt. Jason Yeager said while officers were dealing with the two-car crash, not far away a semi-truck plowed into another big rig and burst into flames, killing the driver.
The driver of the car that triggered these crashes faces aggravated assault charges at the minimum. DPS said it had been traveling at a high rate of speed.
Associated Press contributed to this article.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments