PHOENIX — Eastbound lanes of Interstate 10 west of Phoenix have reopened after closures because of overnight accidents.
The accident, about 30 miles west of Phoenix near State Route 85, involved two cars and two semi-trucks late Tuesday night.
The left shoulder of the road is closed in both directions and speed limit in the area is 55 mph.
A couple’s argument set off the chain reaction. A family with five children were collateral damage. Their SUV was clipped by the car with the arguing couple and rolled over.
The family was taken to a hospital, where two of the children underwent surgery. All are expected to survive.
Arizona Department of Public Safety’s Sgt. Jason Yeager said while officers were dealing with the two-car crash, not far away a semi-truck plowed into another big rig and burst into flames, killing the driver.
The driver of the car that triggered these crashes faces aggravated assault charges at the minimum. DPS said it had been traveling at a high rate of speed.
Associated Press contributed to this article.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.