PHOENIX — Eastbound lanes of Interstate 10 west of Phoenix have reopened after closures because of overnight accidents.
The accident, about 30 miles west of Phoenix near State Route 85, involved two cars and two semi-trucks late Tuesday night.
The left shoulder of the road is closed in both directions and speed limit in the area is 55 mph.
A couple’s argument set off the chain reaction. A family with five children were collateral damage. Their SUV was clipped by the car with the arguing couple and rolled over.
The family was taken to a hospital, where two of the children underwent surgery. All are expected to survive.
Arizona Department of Public Safety’s Sgt. Jason Yeager said while officers were dealing with the two-car crash, not far away a semi-truck plowed into another big rig and burst into flames, killing the driver.
The driver of the car that triggered these crashes faces aggravated assault charges at the minimum. DPS said it had been traveling at a high rate of speed.
Associated Press contributed to this article.
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof