PHOENIX — Eastbound lanes of Interstate 10 west of Phoenix have reopened after closures because of overnight accidents.
The accident, about 30 miles west of Phoenix near State Route 85, involved two cars and two semi-trucks late Tuesday night.
The left shoulder of the road is closed in both directions and speed limit in the area is 55 mph.
A couple’s argument set off the chain reaction. A family with five children were collateral damage. Their SUV was clipped by the car with the arguing couple and rolled over.
The family was taken to a hospital, where two of the children underwent surgery. All are expected to survive.
Arizona Department of Public Safety’s Sgt. Jason Yeager said while officers were dealing with the two-car crash, not far away a semi-truck plowed into another big rig and burst into flames, killing the driver.
The driver of the car that triggered these crashes faces aggravated assault charges at the minimum. DPS said it had been traveling at a high rate of speed.
Associated Press contributed to this article.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon