PHOENIX — Eastbound lanes of Interstate 10 west of Phoenix have reopened after closures because of overnight accidents.
The accident, about 30 miles west of Phoenix near State Route 85, involved two cars and two semi-trucks late Tuesday night.
The left shoulder of the road is closed in both directions and speed limit in the area is 55 mph.
A couple’s argument set off the chain reaction. A family with five children were collateral damage. Their SUV was clipped by the car with the arguing couple and rolled over.
The family was taken to a hospital, where two of the children underwent surgery. All are expected to survive.
Arizona Department of Public Safety’s Sgt. Jason Yeager said while officers were dealing with the two-car crash, not far away a semi-truck plowed into another big rig and burst into flames, killing the driver.
The driver of the car that triggered these crashes faces aggravated assault charges at the minimum. DPS said it had been traveling at a high rate of speed.
Associated Press contributed to this article.
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl