PHOENIX — New car shoppers might want to spend part of Thanksgiving weekend checking out the Arizona International Auto Show.
Workers at the Phoenix Convention Center are busy getting over 400 new cars ready for the show, which runs Thursday through Sunday.
The show includes exotic cars such as the 2013 all-electric Fisker. It has solar panels on its roof.
Knox Ramsey of the Valley Automobile Dealers Association joked that the panels powered the car and do something else.
“If your coffee gets cold, we can put it on top of the car and get it warmed up,” Ramsey said.
Kick the tires, check under the hood, and sit in any of the 400 cars, without any salesman pressure.
More cars will be available for test drives this year, Ramsey added.
“We’re expanding the number of ride-and-drives we have,” Ramsey said. “We had five (automakers participating in) ride-and-drives last year. This year we have 11, so there’s another 100 cars involved in the ride-and-drives.”
Sunday is family day at the show. Kids under 12 get in free with a paid adult and they’ll also have the opportunity to meet Spider-Man and Captain America.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development