PHOENIX — Convenience stores that sold a couple of hundred tickets earlier in the week will be selling many more times that on Wednesday.
The Powerball jackpot will be around a quarter of a billion dollars. Not a bad stocking stuffer.
“I could deal with that,” ticket buyer Zach Sheppard said.
Sheppard was buying tickets at a Chevron station at 16th Street and Glendale Avenue. He has a good idea of how he would handle winning the huge jackpot.
“Definitely would give some to charities. To kids and struggling moms. After that it is time for fun land,” Sheppard said.
Sean Dunn picked up tickets at a central Phoenix convenience store Tuesday for the shot at the $250 million. His wife will pick up more Wednesday.
“You can’t win it if you’re not in it,” Dunn said. “Isn’t that the saying?”
The odds of winning the jackpot are about one in 176 million.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains