PHOENIX — Convenience stores that sold a couple of hundred tickets earlier in the week will be selling many more times that on Wednesday.
The Powerball jackpot will be around a quarter of a billion dollars. Not a bad stocking stuffer.
“I could deal with that,” ticket buyer Zach Sheppard said.
Sheppard was buying tickets at a Chevron station at 16th Street and Glendale Avenue. He has a good idea of how he would handle winning the huge jackpot.
“Definitely would give some to charities. To kids and struggling moms. After that it is time for fun land,” Sheppard said.
Sean Dunn picked up tickets at a central Phoenix convenience store Tuesday for the shot at the $250 million. His wife will pick up more Wednesday.
“You can’t win it if you’re not in it,” Dunn said. “Isn’t that the saying?”
The odds of winning the jackpot are about one in 176 million.
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona