PHOENIX — Convenience stores that sold a couple of hundred tickets earlier in the week will be selling many more times that on Wednesday.
The Powerball jackpot will be around a quarter of a billion dollars. Not a bad stocking stuffer.
“I could deal with that,” ticket buyer Zach Sheppard said.
Sheppard was buying tickets at a Chevron station at 16th Street and Glendale Avenue. He has a good idea of how he would handle winning the huge jackpot.
“Definitely would give some to charities. To kids and struggling moms. After that it is time for fun land,” Sheppard said.
Sean Dunn picked up tickets at a central Phoenix convenience store Tuesday for the shot at the $250 million. His wife will pick up more Wednesday.
“You can’t win it if you’re not in it,” Dunn said. “Isn’t that the saying?”
The odds of winning the jackpot are about one in 176 million.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick