PHOENIX — Convenience stores that sold a couple of hundred tickets earlier in the week will be selling many more times that on Wednesday.
The Powerball jackpot will be around a quarter of a billion dollars. Not a bad stocking stuffer.
“I could deal with that,” ticket buyer Zach Sheppard said.
Sheppard was buying tickets at a Chevron station at 16th Street and Glendale Avenue. He has a good idea of how he would handle winning the huge jackpot.
“Definitely would give some to charities. To kids and struggling moms. After that it is time for fun land,” Sheppard said.
Sean Dunn picked up tickets at a central Phoenix convenience store Tuesday for the shot at the $250 million. His wife will pick up more Wednesday.
“You can’t win it if you’re not in it,” Dunn said. “Isn’t that the saying?”
The odds of winning the jackpot are about one in 176 million.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.