The Arizona Public Interest Research Group has released its 27th Trouble in Toyland report and small toys that are choking hazards remain a threat.
Several toys fall onto group’s list of too loud for little ears category — the Dora the Explorer guitar and a cellphone rattle just to name two.
Monica Flores with the research group said high-decibel toys are a major concern.
“Studies say one in five children will development some degree of hearing loss by the age of 12,” said Flores. “Some of that could be due in part to loud toys. The damage is permanent.”
The group’s interactive website can help parents buying toys this holiday season.
A simple tip for parents is to take along a an empty toilet paper roll when shopping. If a toy fits through it or has parts that come off and then fits, it’s not safe.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier