The Arizona Public Interest Research Group has released its 27th Trouble in Toyland report and small toys that are choking hazards remain a threat.
Several toys fall onto group’s list of too loud for little ears category — the Dora the Explorer guitar and a cellphone rattle just to name two.
Monica Flores with the research group said high-decibel toys are a major concern.
“Studies say one in five children will development some degree of hearing loss by the age of 12,” said Flores. “Some of that could be due in part to loud toys. The damage is permanent.”
The group’s interactive website can help parents buying toys this holiday season.
A simple tip for parents is to take along a an empty toilet paper roll when shopping. If a toy fits through it or has parts that come off and then fits, it’s not safe.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them