The Arizona Public Interest Research Group has released its 27th Trouble in Toyland report and small toys that are choking hazards remain a threat.
Several toys fall onto group’s list of too loud for little ears category — the Dora the Explorer guitar and a cellphone rattle just to name two.
Monica Flores with the research group said high-decibel toys are a major concern.
“Studies say one in five children will development some degree of hearing loss by the age of 12,” said Flores. “Some of that could be due in part to loud toys. The damage is permanent.”
The group’s interactive website can help parents buying toys this holiday season.
A simple tip for parents is to take along a an empty toilet paper roll when shopping. If a toy fits through it or has parts that come off and then fits, it’s not safe.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development