PHOENIX — A first-of-its-kind plant-based supermarket concept, generated in Phoenix, may have to find life elsewhere.
Investors told local VegCo Market CEO and founder Heather Francois that Austin, Texas, would be a better place for the idea than Phoenix.
“Their initial understanding is that Austin would make a much better city, just due to how eco-friendly, and how many vegans and vegetarians there are,” said Francois. “They tend to be a very progressive city historically.”
Francois said her research suggested Phoenix could support the idea, but needs to demonstrate demand to her investors to keep the flagship store here.
She’s mounted an online campaign to change investors’ minds. Supporters can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Her investors are flying to Phoenix early next month to tour the site.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy