While some people are upset that Arizona still has about 100,000 uncounted ballots, Ariz. Sec. of State Ken Bennett said the state is right on track.
“Interestingly, what’s playing out this year is almost identical to what played out four years ago,” he told News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Mac & Gaydos on Friday.
Bennett said Maricopa County alone had about 325,000 early ballots dropped off at the polls, a slight jump from 2008. Those ballots cannot be counted at the polling place because they are not equipped to handle them.
“All those were basically boxed up and taken down to the central count machines at Maricopa County,” he said. “They can process about 50,000 per day.”
- Mac Watson of ‘Mac and Gaydos’ shares story of adopting children
- Arizona lawmaker wants new policies for addressing inappropriate behavior
- Former Tent City site to treat 500-plus inmates for opioid addiction
- Arizona congresswoman hopes Trump meeting start of bipartisan work
- Former Arizona AG wants Arpaio to be forced to work with immigrant groups