Smart shoppers may turn to smartphones for help and advice to make it through the Black Friday shopping frenzy.
The Washington Post says big-box stores are more accepting that shoppers will use their smartphones in shopping — but they are trying to win them over. Target is posting CNet reviews next to products. Both Target and Best Buy are offering price matching for online deals.
“According to an International Data Corp. survey released this week, showrooming may influence up to $1.7 billion of holiday retail sales,” the Post reported. “The survey found shoppers are most likely to showroom big-ticket items, followed by apparel and footwear.”
CNN Money listed several Black Friday apps that “can help you optimize your plunge into the retail madness.”
Browse ads and discounts of major retailers and save and share deals you like.
Aggregates ads from major retailers, creates virtual shopping lists.
Take a photo of your receipts and Lemon will store it and categorize the data.
Slice keeps track of your online purchases including where they are in the shipping process.
Scan a barcode or take a photo of something and SnapTell will compare the cost to stores nearby and online.
The Washington Post added a few apps as well:
Nextag Shopping can take a scanned barcode and find other prices on the Web or later alert you if the price drops on an item.
SnipSnap keeps track of both paper and electronic coupons and can alert you to coupons you can use from other people.
BuyVia provides price comparisons and descriptions for consumer technology.
GottaBeMobile says apps can help people “outsmart the crowds, beat retailers at their own game and score the best Black Friday deals.”
GottaBeMobile adds a few more apps to check out:
Fat Wallet’s Black Friday app allows browsing ads by store and category and an function to find deals with free shipping or deals only available on Black Friday.
“The Blackfriday.fm app is the only app that offers easy access to a list of all Black Friday tablet deals, with listings for Android tablets, the Kindle Fire HD deals and even iPad deals,” GottaBeMobile says.
Forbes also weighed in on Black Friday apps: “Like last year, smart retailers are betting on mobile devices to help their customers shop smarter and faster. According to Shop.org’s eHoliday survey, three in 10 multichannel retailers say they will promote their in-store Black Friday deals with mobile alerts, up from the 18.4 percent who did in 2011. Google Insights found that 4 out of 5 consumers plan to use their devices to shop.”
Forbes added a few other apps to the list for Black Friday shoppers. Here is one of them:
If more than one person is shopping for gifts, List Bliss can eliminate duplicate purchases by synching their holiday shopping lists in real time.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon