Smart shoppers may turn to smartphones for help and advice to make it through the Black Friday shopping frenzy.
The Washington Post says big-box stores are more accepting that shoppers will use their smartphones in shopping — but they are trying to win them over. Target is posting CNet reviews next to products. Both Target and Best Buy are offering price matching for online deals.
“According to an International Data Corp. survey released this week, showrooming may influence up to $1.7 billion of holiday retail sales,” the Post reported. “The survey found shoppers are most likely to showroom big-ticket items, followed by apparel and footwear.”
CNN Money listed several Black Friday apps that “can help you optimize your plunge into the retail madness.”
Browse ads and discounts of major retailers and save and share deals you like.
Aggregates ads from major retailers, creates virtual shopping lists.
Take a photo of your receipts and Lemon will store it and categorize the data.
Slice keeps track of your online purchases including where they are in the shipping process.
Scan a barcode or take a photo of something and SnapTell will compare the cost to stores nearby and online.
The Washington Post added a few apps as well:
Nextag Shopping can take a scanned barcode and find other prices on the Web or later alert you if the price drops on an item.
SnipSnap keeps track of both paper and electronic coupons and can alert you to coupons you can use from other people.
BuyVia provides price comparisons and descriptions for consumer technology.
GottaBeMobile says apps can help people “outsmart the crowds, beat retailers at their own game and score the best Black Friday deals.”
GottaBeMobile adds a few more apps to check out:
Fat Wallet’s Black Friday app allows browsing ads by store and category and an function to find deals with free shipping or deals only available on Black Friday.
“The Blackfriday.fm app is the only app that offers easy access to a list of all Black Friday tablet deals, with listings for Android tablets, the Kindle Fire HD deals and even iPad deals,” GottaBeMobile says.
Forbes also weighed in on Black Friday apps: “Like last year, smart retailers are betting on mobile devices to help their customers shop smarter and faster. According to Shop.org’s eHoliday survey, three in 10 multichannel retailers say they will promote their in-store Black Friday deals with mobile alerts, up from the 18.4 percent who did in 2011. Google Insights found that 4 out of 5 consumers plan to use their devices to shop.”
Forbes added a few other apps to the list for Black Friday shoppers. Here is one of them:
If more than one person is shopping for gifts, List Bliss can eliminate duplicate purchases by synching their holiday shopping lists in real time.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier