PINETOP, Ariz. — A Pinetop, Ariz. gun shop owner is catching a lot of heat over an anti-Obama sign in his shop window.
The sign in a Pinetop window reads “If you voted for Barack Obama, your business is not welcome at Southwest Shooting Authority. You have proven you’re not responsible enough to own a firearm.”
Cope Reynolds, who owns the shop in question, Southwest Shooting Authority, said he’s being flooded with calls over the sign and about one-third are extremely hateful.
“Seems like anybody against it isn’t intelligent or articulate enough to make a response without foul language,” he said.
Reynolds said this is a political statement and it’s not just about fears of gun control and it’s not about marketing.
“There’s frivolous spending, lack of accountability with Operation Fast and Furious, the Benghazi fiasco and numerous other things,” he said, citing the reasons he is against Obama.
And it hasn’t happened yet, but if an Obama supporter shows up and wants to spend money in his shop, they’ll be sent elsewhere.
“We’ll turn ’em down,” said Reynolds.
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match