PINETOP, Ariz. — A Pinetop, Ariz. gun shop owner is catching a lot of heat over an anti-Obama sign in his shop window.
The sign in a Pinetop window reads “If you voted for Barack Obama, your business is not welcome at Southwest Shooting Authority. You have proven you’re not responsible enough to own a firearm.”
Cope Reynolds, who owns the shop in question, Southwest Shooting Authority, said he’s being flooded with calls over the sign and about one-third are extremely hateful.
“Seems like anybody against it isn’t intelligent or articulate enough to make a response without foul language,” he said.
Reynolds said this is a political statement and it’s not just about fears of gun control and it’s not about marketing.
“There’s frivolous spending, lack of accountability with Operation Fast and Furious, the Benghazi fiasco and numerous other things,” he said, citing the reasons he is against Obama.
And it hasn’t happened yet, but if an Obama supporter shows up and wants to spend money in his shop, they’ll be sent elsewhere.
“We’ll turn ’em down,” said Reynolds.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development