PINETOP, Ariz. — A Pinetop, Ariz. gun shop owner is catching a lot of heat over an anti-Obama sign in his shop window.
The sign in a Pinetop window reads “If you voted for Barack Obama, your business is not welcome at Southwest Shooting Authority. You have proven you’re not responsible enough to own a firearm.”
Cope Reynolds, who owns the shop in question, Southwest Shooting Authority, said he’s being flooded with calls over the sign and about one-third are extremely hateful.
“Seems like anybody against it isn’t intelligent or articulate enough to make a response without foul language,” he said.
Reynolds said this is a political statement and it’s not just about fears of gun control and it’s not about marketing.
“There’s frivolous spending, lack of accountability with Operation Fast and Furious, the Benghazi fiasco and numerous other things,” he said, citing the reasons he is against Obama.
And it hasn’t happened yet, but if an Obama supporter shows up and wants to spend money in his shop, they’ll be sent elsewhere.
“We’ll turn ’em down,” said Reynolds.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments