One week after the Greater Phoenix Economic Council offered to fly 50 California CEOs to the Valley to check out possible relocation, GPEC is doubling down.
Barry Broome, who heads GPEC, said he’s upping the ante. He will pay for the flights and hotels for 100 California CEOs.
“I think things are getting worse in California and we’re going to step up the pressure,” he said.
The potential influx of businesses stems from California voters OK’ing a $6 billion dollar income and sales tax hike and the president’s call for additional sales tax revenue of $1.6 trillion in the next decade.
Those moves will put even more pressure on the Golden State’s top innovators and professionals.
“We’ve heard from second- and third- generation Californians looking to move their companies out of California.”
Broome said he has heard from companies ranging from high tech to medical to financial industries, with employees of 30 to 10,000.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon