One week after the Greater Phoenix Economic Council offered to fly 50 California CEOs to the Valley to check out possible relocation, GPEC is doubling down.
Barry Broome, who heads GPEC, said he’s upping the ante. He will pay for the flights and hotels for 100 California CEOs.
“I think things are getting worse in California and we’re going to step up the pressure,” he said.
The potential influx of businesses stems from California voters OK’ing a $6 billion dollar income and sales tax hike and the president’s call for additional sales tax revenue of $1.6 trillion in the next decade.
Those moves will put even more pressure on the Golden State’s top innovators and professionals.
“We’ve heard from second- and third- generation Californians looking to move their companies out of California.”
Broome said he has heard from companies ranging from high tech to medical to financial industries, with employees of 30 to 10,000.
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona