It may be getting chilly outside, but that won’t stop an expected 1,500 people from running in their underwear on Saturday to stop colon cancer.
Terry Baack with the race said this year’s event is raising funds for both research and to help those who can’t afford screenings.
“(Colon Cancer Alliance) also do a lot of outreach and education, because colon cancer is a little bit of an uncomfortable subject,” she said. “That’s why we kind of do this lighthearted event where we get out in our undies and get people talking about it.”
Baack said 50 percent of the funds raised will remain in Arizona.
Online registration is closed but there is still time to sign up on-site at the State Capitol after 7 a.m. Saturday. The 5K run begins at 9 a.m.
Free boxer shorts will be made available.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development