Two people were arrested Thursday in connection with the shoplifting of a large amount of copper, the Avondale Police Department said in a release.
On Oct. 24, Calvin Clark, 25, and Leah Lienhart, 23, both of Goodyear, allegedly stole a large amount of copper from the Home Depot located at 1489 N. Dysart Rd.
After the crime, police began investigating Clark and Linehart. The suspects were linked to large copper thefts from home improvement stores in Phoenix, Goodyear, Peoria and Avondale.
In total, the suspects allegedly stole $4,500 worth of copper from the stores, which they then sold to numerous scrap yards.
Both suspects are being charged with felony theft, trafficking in stolen property and organized retail theft.
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered