It’s one week before Thanksgiving but there will be Christmas lights to check out this weekend.
The Arizona Christmas on the Farm will open to the public Friday night. It’s a drive-thru holiday light experience that features seven million LED lights in a two-mile stretch. Stay in the car for warm, comfy viewing or enjoy a hayride.
The hayride route features arches, tunnels and animated features.
“I like the penguin and Eskimo display, which this year is located toward the end,” said event spokeswoman Julie Miles. “And I enjoy the tunnels and arches, of course.”
The event expands to include Santa’s Village on Nov. 30.
“What you’ll be able to do there is a carnival, concessions, a trail of lights, pictures with Santa, a petting zoo and lots of fun activities for children,” said Miles.
Arizona Christmas on the Farm is located at the Phoenix Events Center on 99th Avenue north of the Loop 101.
Santa’s Village will be open Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights, while the light show will be every night, including Christmas, through Jan. 6. For more information, go to azchristmasonthefarm.com.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them