It’s one week before Thanksgiving but there will be Christmas lights to check out this weekend.
The Arizona Christmas on the Farm will open to the public Friday night. It’s a drive-thru holiday light experience that features seven million LED lights in a two-mile stretch. Stay in the car for warm, comfy viewing or enjoy a hayride.
The hayride route features arches, tunnels and animated features.
“I like the penguin and Eskimo display, which this year is located toward the end,” said event spokeswoman Julie Miles. “And I enjoy the tunnels and arches, of course.”
The event expands to include Santa’s Village on Nov. 30.
“What you’ll be able to do there is a carnival, concessions, a trail of lights, pictures with Santa, a petting zoo and lots of fun activities for children,” said Miles.
Arizona Christmas on the Farm is located at the Phoenix Events Center on 99th Avenue north of the Loop 101.
Santa’s Village will be open Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights, while the light show will be every night, including Christmas, through Jan. 6. For more information, go to azchristmasonthefarm.com.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development