It’s one week before Thanksgiving but there will be Christmas lights to check out this weekend.
The Arizona Christmas on the Farm will open to the public Friday night. It’s a drive-thru holiday light experience that features seven million LED lights in a two-mile stretch. Stay in the car for warm, comfy viewing or enjoy a hayride.
The hayride route features arches, tunnels and animated features.
“I like the penguin and Eskimo display, which this year is located toward the end,” said event spokeswoman Julie Miles. “And I enjoy the tunnels and arches, of course.”
The event expands to include Santa’s Village on Nov. 30.
“What you’ll be able to do there is a carnival, concessions, a trail of lights, pictures with Santa, a petting zoo and lots of fun activities for children,” said Miles.
Arizona Christmas on the Farm is located at the Phoenix Events Center on 99th Avenue north of the Loop 101.
Santa’s Village will be open Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights, while the light show will be every night, including Christmas, through Jan. 6. For more information, go to azchristmasonthefarm.com.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments