It’s one week before Thanksgiving but there will be Christmas lights to check out this weekend.
The Arizona Christmas on the Farm will open to the public Friday night. It’s a drive-thru holiday light experience that features seven million LED lights in a two-mile stretch. Stay in the car for warm, comfy viewing or enjoy a hayride.
The hayride route features arches, tunnels and animated features.
“I like the penguin and Eskimo display, which this year is located toward the end,” said event spokeswoman Julie Miles. “And I enjoy the tunnels and arches, of course.”
The event expands to include Santa’s Village on Nov. 30.
“What you’ll be able to do there is a carnival, concessions, a trail of lights, pictures with Santa, a petting zoo and lots of fun activities for children,” said Miles.
Arizona Christmas on the Farm is located at the Phoenix Events Center on 99th Avenue north of the Loop 101.
Santa’s Village will be open Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights, while the light show will be every night, including Christmas, through Jan. 6. For more information, go to azchristmasonthefarm.com.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns