Anyone looking to quit smoking, Thursday is a good day to start.
In Arizona, the Arizona Smokers Help Line is participating in the Great American Smokeout, a nationwide effort to smokers to give up the habit.
“We have a great success rate: over 40 percent,” said Wayne Tormala with the state’s Department of Health Services. “It’s probably the best cessation service in the country. We just think if we can just get more people to call and quit then Arizona will be better off as a state.”
Residents can call ASH Line at (800) 556-6222 and speak to a personal ‘quit’ coach.
“They’ll talk to their coach about reasons for quitting, maybe if they’ve tried before,” said Tormala. “They might even set a quit date that’s somewhere off in the future, like an anniversary or a birthday.”
Help is also available at ASHLine.org
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon