A Phoenix woman was reportedly arrested by police Wednesday after leaving her 6-year-old at a McDonald’s.
According to authorities, Lucy Parra dropped her daughter off at a McDonald’s on 23rd Avenue and Bethany Home Road and then drove off.
The 6-year-old and two adults went out to look for her mother, but there was no sign of her or her vehicle. McDonald’s employees called police shortly after, according to court documents.
Police were on the scene for 15 minutes before Parra returned.
Parra was arrested on the scene for child abuse, and upon further investigation police found out that Parra had left two other children at a family member’s house.
Parra was released Wednesday morning from Tent City after a week stay for driving on a suspended license.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon