A Phoenix woman was reportedly arrested by police Wednesday after leaving her 6-year-old at a McDonald’s.
According to authorities, Lucy Parra dropped her daughter off at a McDonald’s on 23rd Avenue and Bethany Home Road and then drove off.
The 6-year-old and two adults went out to look for her mother, but there was no sign of her or her vehicle. McDonald’s employees called police shortly after, according to court documents.
Police were on the scene for 15 minutes before Parra returned.
Parra was arrested on the scene for child abuse, and upon further investigation police found out that Parra had left two other children at a family member’s house.
Parra was released Wednesday morning from Tent City after a week stay for driving on a suspended license.
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl