Picketing US Airways flight attendants said Wednesday they’re ready to go on strike if necessary.
The protesters picketed Sky Harbor Airport’s Terminal 4. There were other protests scheduled at Charlotte Douglas International in North Carolina, Washington Nation and Philadelphia International.
Attendants are voting until Nov. 20 on whether or not to strike. Contract talks with management have been at a standstill. The group hasn’t had a new contract since 2005.
Deborah Volpe is a flight attendant and said her co-workers on eastern routes are making as much as 40 percent more than she’s taking home.
“We would rather not be here (picketing) but if we’re released to strike, we will,” she said.
Volpe added that a Christmastime strike is unlikely but it could happen around spring training.
An airline spokesman said the union has rejected two offers.
KTAR’s Jim Cross contributed to this article
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy