Three men were arrested Monday on marijuana-related charges after they allegedly attempted to flee deputies, the Pinal County Sheriff’s Office said in a release.
Deputies received a call that two men were loading what appeared to be marijuana into a red Buick near Casa Grande. When deputies arrived in the area, they were told the suspect vehicle had left the area, but it was soon located nearby and deputies initiated a traffic stop.
The driver stopped the vehicle, but when deputies exited their cruiser, the driver accelerated quickly and stopped the vehicle about 200 yards away. Three men jumped out and all were apprehended within a short time.
Deputies located 10 bundles of marijuana in the vehicle with an estimated value of $202,725.
All three men admitted to being in the country illegally. One man, Obeth R. Aldaco-Pinuelos, told deputies he was a juvenile. However, it was later determined that Aldaco-Pinuelos was an adult who had been deported five times in the past two years.
All three men were booked on marijuana-related charges.
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains