Three men were arrested Monday on marijuana-related charges after they allegedly attempted to flee deputies, the Pinal County Sheriff’s Office said in a release.
Deputies received a call that two men were loading what appeared to be marijuana into a red Buick near Casa Grande. When deputies arrived in the area, they were told the suspect vehicle had left the area, but it was soon located nearby and deputies initiated a traffic stop.
The driver stopped the vehicle, but when deputies exited their cruiser, the driver accelerated quickly and stopped the vehicle about 200 yards away. Three men jumped out and all were apprehended within a short time.
Deputies located 10 bundles of marijuana in the vehicle with an estimated value of $202,725.
All three men admitted to being in the country illegally. One man, Obeth R. Aldaco-Pinuelos, told deputies he was a juvenile. However, it was later determined that Aldaco-Pinuelos was an adult who had been deported five times in the past two years.
All three men were booked on marijuana-related charges.
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl