Three men were arrested Monday on marijuana-related charges after they allegedly attempted to flee deputies, the Pinal County Sheriff’s Office said in a release.
Deputies received a call that two men were loading what appeared to be marijuana into a red Buick near Casa Grande. When deputies arrived in the area, they were told the suspect vehicle had left the area, but it was soon located nearby and deputies initiated a traffic stop.
The driver stopped the vehicle, but when deputies exited their cruiser, the driver accelerated quickly and stopped the vehicle about 200 yards away. Three men jumped out and all were apprehended within a short time.
Deputies located 10 bundles of marijuana in the vehicle with an estimated value of $202,725.
All three men admitted to being in the country illegally. One man, Obeth R. Aldaco-Pinuelos, told deputies he was a juvenile. However, it was later determined that Aldaco-Pinuelos was an adult who had been deported five times in the past two years.
All three men were booked on marijuana-related charges.
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Caring Crisis: Rising tide In Alzheimer’s disease leads to shortage of caregivers
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain