It’s not just turkey that people will take a bite out of this holiday season. The increase of seasonal jobs offers an alternative — albeit only a short-team one — to the financial starvation of their pocketbooks.
Financially, Christmas can be a strain on families, a recent article by MoneyNing pointed out. The average American is expected to spend $750 on Christmas this year. Here are four temporary opportunities to help foot that bill — or pay for other bills:
Approximately 585,000 to 625,000 seasonal workers are estimated to be hired this year by major retailing stores, including Target, Macy’s, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Toys-R-Us and Kohl’s.
With loved ones far away and an increase in online shopping, UPS and FedEx are expected to hire 20,000 to 55,000 temporary employees.
As Christmas merriment increases, apparently American’s hunger does as well and restaurant business increases. Because of tips, food service can financially be the most beneficial seasonal job.
Be creative in services you offer. If time and family do not allow for an official seasonal job, look into neighborhood services such as shoveling snow, wrapping gifts, baby, pet or house-sitting, or making Christmas goodies.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.