It’s not just turkey that people will take a bite out of this holiday season. The increase of seasonal jobs offers an alternative — albeit only a short-team one — to the financial starvation of their pocketbooks.
Financially, Christmas can be a strain on families, a recent article by MoneyNing pointed out. The average American is expected to spend $750 on Christmas this year. Here are four temporary opportunities to help foot that bill — or pay for other bills:
Approximately 585,000 to 625,000 seasonal workers are estimated to be hired this year by major retailing stores, including Target, Macy’s, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Toys-R-Us and Kohl’s.
With loved ones far away and an increase in online shopping, UPS and FedEx are expected to hire 20,000 to 55,000 temporary employees.
As Christmas merriment increases, apparently American’s hunger does as well and restaurant business increases. Because of tips, food service can financially be the most beneficial seasonal job.
Be creative in services you offer. If time and family do not allow for an official seasonal job, look into neighborhood services such as shoveling snow, wrapping gifts, baby, pet or house-sitting, or making Christmas goodies.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy