More Arizonans are expected to hit the road this year for the Thanksgiving holiday than last year, a Triple-A spokeswoman said.
“It’s a combination of pent-up demand and fuel prices are lower,” said Stephanie Dembowski with Triple-A.
About 858,000 Arizonans are expected to travel over the holiday and a majority of them will take to the road rather than the skies.
“More people on Thanksgiving tend to stay with family, take the road trips,” said Demboswki, adding that airfare is higher this year, further discouraging fliers.
Dembowski warned that drivers should expect heavy traffic on the Nov. 21, the day prior to the holiday and Nov. 25, the Sunday following the long weekend.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets