Police are searching for a man who stole an SUV full of firearms from a Peoria parking lot in May.
The SUV, owned by an employee at a local gun store, was stolen from the Diamond Shamrock parking lot near 83rd and Cactus on May 26, 2012 around 12:45 p.m. The victim had car trouble and transferred the belongings of his car into one owned by a relative.
The suspect allegedly stole the SUV, along with 20 firearms, after the victim transferred his belongings.
“This was a crime of opportunity,” said Amanda Jacinto with Peoria Police. “I don’t know whether or not he knew he was getting away with these weapons, but he did get away with those firearms, as well as the vehicle.”
The stolen vehicle was recovered, but the firearms were not and the suspect remains at large.
The suspect is described as being a light-skinned Hispanic male standing about 5-foot-7 and weighing 150 lbs. He has dark hair in a crew-cut style. He is about 25-years-old and has a large, colorful tattoo on his left forearm and smaller, colorful tattoos on the inside of his right forearm.
Anyone with information on this case is asked to contact the Peoria Police Department at (623) 773-7045.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food