Police are searching for a man who stole an SUV full of firearms from a Peoria parking lot in May.
The SUV, owned by an employee at a local gun store, was stolen from the Diamond Shamrock parking lot near 83rd and Cactus on May 26, 2012 around 12:45 p.m. The victim had car trouble and transferred the belongings of his car into one owned by a relative.
The suspect allegedly stole the SUV, along with 20 firearms, after the victim transferred his belongings.
“This was a crime of opportunity,” said Amanda Jacinto with Peoria Police. “I don’t know whether or not he knew he was getting away with these weapons, but he did get away with those firearms, as well as the vehicle.”
The stolen vehicle was recovered, but the firearms were not and the suspect remains at large.
The suspect is described as being a light-skinned Hispanic male standing about 5-foot-7 and weighing 150 lbs. He has dark hair in a crew-cut style. He is about 25-years-old and has a large, colorful tattoo on his left forearm and smaller, colorful tattoos on the inside of his right forearm.
Anyone with information on this case is asked to contact the Peoria Police Department at (623) 773-7045.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns