Phoenix’s Sky Train keeps chugging along.
On Tuesday Mayor Greg Stanton showed off the new terminal for the Sky Harbor Airport people mover, which is set to open early next year.
Sky Train will connect travelers from the light-rail station at 44th and Washington streets to Terminal 4 at the airport. The three-story train terminal will include an early bag check on the second floor.
“I think that’s going to be one of the portions of this that most people are going to love is to be able to use a light rail, come to the station, check their bags here and then have a nice, relaxing trip over to the main airport,” said Stanton.
A train will run from the light-rail station to Sky Harbor every three minutes. The train terminal will operate all day.
The next stage of the $1.3 billion project will be ready in early 2015.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains