Phoenix’s Sky Train keeps chugging along.
On Tuesday Mayor Greg Stanton showed off the new terminal for the Sky Harbor Airport people mover, which is set to open early next year.
Sky Train will connect travelers from the light-rail station at 44th and Washington streets to Terminal 4 at the airport. The three-story train terminal will include an early bag check on the second floor.
“I think that’s going to be one of the portions of this that most people are going to love is to be able to use a light rail, come to the station, check their bags here and then have a nice, relaxing trip over to the main airport,” said Stanton.
A train will run from the light-rail station to Sky Harbor every three minutes. The train terminal will operate all day.
The next stage of the $1.3 billion project will be ready in early 2015.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments