Phoenix’s Sky Train keeps chugging along.
On Tuesday Mayor Greg Stanton showed off the new terminal for the Sky Harbor Airport people mover, which is set to open early next year.
Sky Train will connect travelers from the light-rail station at 44th and Washington streets to Terminal 4 at the airport. The three-story train terminal will include an early bag check on the second floor.
“I think that’s going to be one of the portions of this that most people are going to love is to be able to use a light rail, come to the station, check their bags here and then have a nice, relaxing trip over to the main airport,” said Stanton.
A train will run from the light-rail station to Sky Harbor every three minutes. The train terminal will operate all day.
The next stage of the $1.3 billion project will be ready in early 2015.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development