With ballots outstanding and votes still uncounted, it appears senatorial candidate Richard Carmona may put up a fight after all.
The Democratic contender conceded to Rep. Jeff Flake last week for the Arizona seat belonging to outgoing Republican Jon Kyl.
Now, Carmona has told
political news site talking points memo he will reconsider his options if the voting tally tightens.
Arizona’s second U.S. Senate seat race drew complaints as problems circled around missing absentee and provisional ballots, and voter registration records on Election Day.
At the start of this week, Carmona, the former U.S. surgeon general, trailed Flake by more than 78,000 votes with a little less than half a million ballots still waiting to be counted.
Arizona hasn’t had a Democratic senator since Dennis DeConcini left office in 1995.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier