With ballots outstanding and votes still uncounted, it appears senatorial candidate Richard Carmona may put up a fight after all.
The Democratic contender conceded to Rep. Jeff Flake last week for the Arizona seat belonging to outgoing Republican Jon Kyl.
Now, Carmona has told
political news site talking points memo he will reconsider his options if the voting tally tightens.
Arizona’s second U.S. Senate seat race drew complaints as problems circled around missing absentee and provisional ballots, and voter registration records on Election Day.
At the start of this week, Carmona, the former U.S. surgeon general, trailed Flake by more than 78,000 votes with a little less than half a million ballots still waiting to be counted.
Arizona hasn’t had a Democratic senator since Dennis DeConcini left office in 1995.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development