With ballots outstanding and votes still uncounted, it appears senatorial candidate Richard Carmona may put up a fight after all.
The Democratic contender conceded to Rep. Jeff Flake last week for the Arizona seat belonging to outgoing Republican Jon Kyl.
Now, Carmona has told
political news site talking points memo he will reconsider his options if the voting tally tightens.
Arizona’s second U.S. Senate seat race drew complaints as problems circled around missing absentee and provisional ballots, and voter registration records on Election Day.
At the start of this week, Carmona, the former U.S. surgeon general, trailed Flake by more than 78,000 votes with a little less than half a million ballots still waiting to be counted.
Arizona hasn’t had a Democratic senator since Dennis DeConcini left office in 1995.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food