FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. — The Flagstaff ski season will be a little less dependent on Mother Nature this year.
The Arizona Snowbowl Resort began using its new snow-making machine on Tuesday.
Spokesman David Smith said the resort is expecting a packed ski season, in part because of the new equipment.
“It’s going to be a boom to the Flagstaff economy,” he said. “Everyone’s going to know that we’re going to have a reliable product year in and year out.
“It’s going to be an exciting season with above-average snowfall predicted and it’s very exciting because this is actually our 75th anniversary season.”
Smith also said weather conditions have to be just right for snow-making.
“You have to look at what the outside air temperature is, what the relative humidity is, what the wet bulb temperature is, so there are alot of different variables you have to look at to see when you’re able to produce snow.”
The resort spent about $12 million on the equipment.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier