FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. — The Flagstaff ski season will be a little less dependent on Mother Nature this year.
The Arizona Snowbowl Resort began using its new snow-making machine on Tuesday.
Spokesman David Smith said the resort is expecting a packed ski season, in part because of the new equipment.
“It’s going to be a boom to the Flagstaff economy,” he said. “Everyone’s going to know that we’re going to have a reliable product year in and year out.
“It’s going to be an exciting season with above-average snowfall predicted and it’s very exciting because this is actually our 75th anniversary season.”
Smith also said weather conditions have to be just right for snow-making.
“You have to look at what the outside air temperature is, what the relative humidity is, what the wet bulb temperature is, so there are alot of different variables you have to look at to see when you’re able to produce snow.”
The resort spent about $12 million on the equipment.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development