A Mesa woman brought an end to an argument with her husband over his not voting by running him down in a Jeep.
Holly Solomon, 28, was charged by Gilbert Police with aggravated assault Saturday. Her husband, Daniel Solomon, 36, is in critical condition at Scottsdale Healthcare Osborn Medical Center.
The argument began in a parking lot at North Gilbert Road and Vaughn Avenue. Witnesses reported hearing yelling before Holly Solomon got into a Jeep and began chasing her husband around the lot, all the while yelling at him.
Daniel Solomon claimed his wife believes their family will now face hardship due to the re-election of President Barack Obama.
Daniel Solomon tried to run to Gilbert Road, but she caught up to him, hit him and pinned him underneath the vehicle and against a curb.
Police said Holly Solomon did not appear impaired.
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever