PHOENIX — A manhunt is underway for a possible escaped inmate from the Lower Buckeye Jail in Phoenix.
Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio tells KTAR that deputies discovered 26-year-old Adan Orduno missing from the psychiatric ward around 9 a.m. Sunday. Officials say he should be considered armed and dangerous.
“We want to find out, number one, if he did escape how it occurred and number two, if he’s in the jail, how did he conceal himself in that jail system,” Arpaio says.
Deputies are searching in and outside the jail with the help of canines. Arpaio says Orduno was booked into jail on an attempted murder charge and he’s served time in prison for burglary and assault. He adds, “This is a very secure jail, it was built seven years ago. I don’t believe we’ve had any escapes.”
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon