TEMPE — A longtime Valley-based supermarket chain believes its newly remodeled store in Tempe is evidence that the franchise is making a comeback.
There are several updated features at the Bashas’ store at McClintock Drive and Warner Road.
“For example we have an area where there are three separate recipe cards,” Bashas’ spokeswoman Krisit Jozwiak said. “If you’re in a rush for dinner and don’t know what to make, you can walk up, grab a recipe card, and all of the ingredients you need are displayed right underneath that recipe card.”
Or shoppers can order a pizza in the store and have it ready to take home when the shopping is done.
This is the second Valley Bashas’ of its kind. The other is in central Phoenix.
Despite the slow economy, Jozwiak said the stores are a sign that things are turning around for the family chain, which emerged from bankruptcy in 2010 and is sticking to a reorganization plan.
“It’s a three-year plan,” Jozwiak said. “We’re in the process of repaying all of our vendors, so we’re on track. That three-year period ends at the end of 2013.”
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes