TEMPE — A longtime Valley-based supermarket chain believes its newly remodeled store in Tempe is evidence that the franchise is making a comeback.
There are several updated features at the Bashas’ store at McClintock Drive and Warner Road.
“For example we have an area where there are three separate recipe cards,” Bashas’ spokeswoman Krisit Jozwiak said. “If you’re in a rush for dinner and don’t know what to make, you can walk up, grab a recipe card, and all of the ingredients you need are displayed right underneath that recipe card.”
Or shoppers can order a pizza in the store and have it ready to take home when the shopping is done.
This is the second Valley Bashas’ of its kind. The other is in central Phoenix.
Despite the slow economy, Jozwiak said the stores are a sign that things are turning around for the family chain, which emerged from bankruptcy in 2010 and is sticking to a reorganization plan.
“It’s a three-year plan,” Jozwiak said. “We’re in the process of repaying all of our vendors, so we’re on track. That three-year period ends at the end of 2013.”
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Caring Crisis: Rising tide In Alzheimer’s disease leads to shortage of caregivers
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain