TEMPE — A longtime Valley-based supermarket chain believes its newly remodeled store in Tempe is evidence that the franchise is making a comeback.
There are several updated features at the Bashas’ store at McClintock Drive and Warner Road.
“For example we have an area where there are three separate recipe cards,” Bashas’ spokeswoman Krisit Jozwiak said. “If you’re in a rush for dinner and don’t know what to make, you can walk up, grab a recipe card, and all of the ingredients you need are displayed right underneath that recipe card.”
Or shoppers can order a pizza in the store and have it ready to take home when the shopping is done.
This is the second Valley Bashas’ of its kind. The other is in central Phoenix.
Despite the slow economy, Jozwiak said the stores are a sign that things are turning around for the family chain, which emerged from bankruptcy in 2010 and is sticking to a reorganization plan.
“It’s a three-year plan,” Jozwiak said. “We’re in the process of repaying all of our vendors, so we’re on track. That three-year period ends at the end of 2013.”
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon