PHOENIX — When the Phoenix Suns host the Denver Nuggets Monday night at U.S. Airways center, they’ll have some special fans sitting in the front row celebrating Military Appreciation Night.
“We have basically gone to our first row floor seat holders and asked them to donate their tickets so we can give them to active military personnel,” Suns President Jason Rowley said.
“It’s going to be a really great thing.”
The Suns will introduce five wounded veterans at the start of the game, and will be honoring the military the entire season.
“What we’re basically going to be doing all season is offering discounted tickets, basically starting at around $15 for anyone who has a valid military I.D.,” said Rowley.
“All military families can get the discount, especially those with loved ones now serving overseas.”
Rowley has a soft spot for the military — he served four years in the Navy.
“You learn how to deal with adversity, you learn how to work hard,” said Crowley. “You learn how to work together with people from all other walks of life.”
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development